How to measure for a Porch Awning
Wednesday, 14 June 2017 | Admin
This is probably one of the most frequently asked questions, and to ensure you purchase the correct size for your caravan, follow these simple steps:
- Measure height from ground to rail, at its highest point.
- Do not rely on height given in your manual as this is usually the shipping height which will include any domes or aerials on the roof.
- Then measure what you have in a STRAIGHT run of awning rail. This measurement will be the maximum width porch awning your caravan can accommodate, but before you take this measurement look at the side of your caravan and visualise where you would like the awning to sit. Obviously, include the doorway, but take into account any windows as you may want the awning to fall short of these. Finish your measurement to this point. This will be your ideal porch awning width.
- Most porch awnings are advertised with a brand and model name followed by numbers, for example the Kampa Rally Air Pro 390. The number indicates the length of straight rail required for that awning, so in this instance you would need 390cm.
- The majority of porch awnings have a ground to rail height range of 235cm to 250cm.
Be aware that measuring for a porch awning is entirely different to that for a full awning. Please see 'full awning sizer' on our Home Page.